We are still open for business.
We will still be servicing your property.
We are still available to discuss future work, projects, and to create estimates.
Landscapers were not listed by Governor Brown as one of the businesses being shut down during this time. However, we have put policies into effect in order to promote the health of our employees and our clients.
*the below was last updated June 29 2020 to reflect Governor Kate Brown’s mandate concerning the requirement that masks be worn in all indoor public spaces
- Throughout this season of Covid19 we have been providing masks to our crew members. In light of this mandate, we are providing more masks that are reusable and washable so that crew members can continue to pick up supplies from our vendors as needed, in compliance with this mandate.
- Our offices are still closed to the public, but office staff are still wearing masks in compliance with the mandate to help stop and/or slow the spread of the virus.
- All other policies and procedures below remain in place.
*the below was last updated June 2020 to reflect Phase 2 of Oregon’s Reopening
Policy changes as a result of Phase 2 reopening and The Oregon Landscape Contractors Association Transportation Guidelines:
- Office staff has returned to working in the office as needed, though our office still remains closed to the public.
- Crew members are permitted to ride in the same vehicle given that they adhere to OLCA recommendations that face coverings (masks) be worn, three feet of distance be kept between employees at all times, and commonly touched surfaces are wiped down regularly.
- All other policies remain in effect, such as daily temperature readings of all employees, six feet of distance being kept between ourselves and clients, and everything else listed below that is not altered by the above statements.
*the below was last updated April 2020 to reflect the CDC’s recommendation of wearing masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Another policy that we are enacting as of Monday, April 6th 2020 is as follows:
- Due to some researcher’s suggesting that COVID-19 may be transferred between people through talking/breathing, we will be requiring masks to be worn by employees when in close proximity with others. Specifically:
- Office staff must wear masks at all times unless they are alone in their own office.
- Crew members must wear masks when communicating with the office staff in the morning, or when working with others in close proximity on a job site. For the purpose of this policy, “others” are defined as any person, whether they be a coworker, client, or passerby.
*the below was last updated March 2020 to reflect Governor Kate Brown’s executive order concerning COVID-19
Some polices we had affected prior to this executive order are as follows:
- All staff members are staying home if they or anyone in their household possesses the following symptoms: cough, fever, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue
- All staff members temperatures are taken on a daily basis and those with elevated temperatures are sent home, (we have not had to send anyone home due to an elevated temperature, but we are checking to be safe)
- Crew members are wiping down all commonly touched spaces in their vehicles and on all pieces of equipment
- Crew’s start times are staggered each morning to limit physical interactions
- Crew members are mostly working solo, with the exception of project crews. Project crew members are not sharing vehicles and are, at all times, maintaining a proximity of six feet between themselves and all other persons
- Crew members are washing their hands throughout the day with soap and water
- Office staff is wiping down all surfaces in our office with disinfectant, on a daily basis
- Office staff, while still taking meetings with clients, are maintaining a six-foot proximity to all persons at all times
- All workplace gatherings are canceled until further notice
- We are encouraging clients to opt for paperless invoicing, which you can do by clicking the link at the bottom of this email
Some policies we have enacted in light of Governor Brown’s executive order are as follows:
- Office staff will be working from home as much as possible for the foreseeable future beginning on Wednesday, March 25th 2020. However, we are still available to meet with clients one-on-one, adhering to social distancing rules as outlined by the Oregon Health Authority and the Center for Disease Control. Also, we are all still taking phone calls and answering emails. We are still here to help you!
- Our offices will be closed to the public effective immediately
- We are regularly updating this specific page on our website regarding COVID-19 and any adjustments we have to make in our work.
We hope this demonstrates to you that we are taking the threat of COVID-19 seriously and doing all we can to prevent the spread of this virus. Furthermore, I hope we have conveyed our responsiveness to this virus through these policies, most of which we had in place prior to the Governor’s executive order.
Most of all, I hope you are assured that we will continue to take care of you and your landscaping needs. We are still working and are eagerly awaiting your calls and emails. Now more than ever, small businesses need your support. So please do not hesitate to call us, email us, or get that project going that you have been thinking about. We are still open for business and happy to help you.